Sunday, July 4, 2010

Les films

I've watched quite a few French films recently, so I figured it was time to update my blog:

This was a ridiculous film. It was the story of a gay guy who owned a theater, and his parter was the star. It gets crazy when his son (from a previous marriage) is getting married, and his fiancé's parents want to meet his parents. It was alright, but I was hoping it would be funnier, since it was supposed to be a highly acclaimed comedy. It was also very difficult to catch all the words, since they spoke extremely vite (fast). 2.5 de 5 étoiles.

This was a bit of a disappointment. I thought this would be a mystery, but it turned out to be the story of a family with a history of hooking up with each other. It ended strangely, but I won't spoil it in case you feel like seeing for yourself. 1.5 de 5 étoiles.

This wasn't bad. Made in the sixties, it was the story of a good-looking hitman named Jef. The film was slow-moving, with little dialog and lots of watching Jef walk around doing little tasks throughout his day. Like most French films seem to do, this ended somewhat abruptly, leaving viewers to figure out the rationale tout seoul (on their own). The story wasn't bad, I was able to understand some of the dialog, and there was jazz music, so I give this 3.5 de 5 étoiles.

Best one yet! This was actually a good movie I would like to watch again, maybe without subtitles. It was the story of a gunman who comes to a small town to rob a bank. He meets a retired professor who offers to let him stay at his house. As they learn about each other, they find new meaning in life, and everything is tied up fairly well at the end. The characters were great, and I enjoyed the whole movie. 4 de 5 étoiles.

No comments:

Post a Comment