Saturday, July 31, 2010

Paris 36

I just watched a film which I can describe as nothing less than spectacular.

The film was Paris 36, or Faubourg 36, as it was entitled in French. It was the story of a musical theater in the 1930's. Fascism and anti-Semitism are running rampant, strikes are happening all over France, and the theater gets caught up in the whole mess of things and is forced to close. A singing sensation, a comedian called Jacky Jacquet, and a lot of determined unemployed men try to save the theater and find happiness again.

All in all this was a typical, somewhat-predictable, mostly musical movie that some people groan at and other people love. I happen to be one of the latter kinds of people, so I thought this was great. Highly recommend it, no complaints!
4.5 de 5 étoiles

1 comment:

  1. I just may have to check out some of these movies you review, they sound like something I would enjoy!

    ReplyDelete