Friday, September 17, 2010

student teaching begins...

So...haven't written on here in awhile...

I'm watching an advisory class at my student teaching placement right now, having not much to do. Yay. (I've been busy; this is just a random moment of free time).

I'm still looking into volunteering to teach abroad next year. Student teaching is okay, but I really don't think I want to become a band teacher. I just don't care about how to maintain non-percussion instruments, conduct a band, etc. I'm doing all of it now of course, and my cooperating teacher seems to think I'm great, but this isn't 100% for me. I still think I would rather teach something like general music...or teach in French in some place other than here.

I've been trying to find out how to apply for a Fulbright scholarship so I can afford to go teach in New Zealand or somewhere next year, but finding information is proving to be more difficult than I thought. If anyone would like to share a tidbit of helpful info with me, feel free!

Ok...probably should get back to watching this class lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment