Friday, September 3, 2010

Quebec me manque

I miss Quebec. I miss Alma. I miss tout le monde, and I miss speaking French!!!

I miss it all. I miss everything, and everyone. I miss it all so much that I'm sitting here, sweating on the floor of my dorm room, listening to la musique québécoise, trying trying trying to understand everything, wishing I could be hearing it where it was made. Ohhhhh I miss Quebec. You know that feeling you get when you're about to cry? I get that feeling so much when I think about Quebec, and all the wonderful people I met there, and all the amazing things we did. Why did that 5-week dream have to end? I love my life, but I miss Quebec...

What if I'm not meant to become a music teacher here? What if I'm supposed to become fluent in French, move to Quebec, and teach English? Or music? Can I please have French back in my life? And the québécois traditions? I never thought I'd say this, but I miss wearing a flowing skirt. I miss jamming on my harmonica at a fire, dancing the traditional dances, going for a walk after dinner, sitting on the porch studying French while eating crème yogourt, riding a bike and swimming in the lake, and SPEAKING FRENCH. I need to find someone to talk to...to hear French, to speak French, to learn French. I wish I could just...make it all come back. Stay for another five weeks? Five months? Can I please do something? I think about it all so often...can I have Quebec back?

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one who was completely wrecked by Alma. A month ago, I started crying over a box of ALCAN tinfoil. I miss everyone and everything about Alma so much. We absolutely have to have a reunion someday. Or you can go on a Canada-wide tour and see EVERYTHING. I volunteer to show you around the Prairies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaah why did I not see this comment til now? We NEED to have a reunion...like...five billion reunions. I'm still thinking about it all the time..
    And I may very well one day take you up on that Prairies offer ;)

    ReplyDelete