Saturday, May 29, 2010

Le fin du semaine

Bonjour!
Right now it's le fin du semaine...the weekend. All I've done so far today is listen to quèbècois music and find the definitions of the words I don't know. I'm pretty sure quèbècois is my new favorite genre of music. There is sooo much, and it's all great! My current fave group to listen to is Polèmil bazar...they're kind-of like Squirrel Nut Zippers but even better...and en français :)

Another group I really like is De temps anlin (couldn't find a link). They use harmonica and les cuillères on some of their charts, and I learned one of the harmonica solos!

So far, this has been a great fin du semaine. Last night I attended a ''Meurtre mystère'' (murder mystery) dinner party at chez (the house of) Heather and the other Carolyn. I was Eloise, l'excentrique. It was really tough reading my part and trying to understand what everyone else was saying, but I understood a lot more than I thought I would. Oh mon Dieu and the food...their mère d'acceuil prepared a three-course meal that was deeelicious. I don't even know what half of it was, but it was really really good!

Tonight I'm going to another potluck dinner, making mango salsa in a bit to bring. And tomorrow! Tomorrow is an excursion to Tadoussac, a village near here that is supposed to be really great. We get to explore the town, then embark on a whale-watching cruise. Should be fun...

As for le mot du jour, le jupe = skirt! I wore the same jupe last night...with a lot of other colorful clothes that didn't quite match, and I can't tell you how many people stared at me as I walked to Carolyn and Heather's house! It was kind-of drôle, which is the next mot du jour. Haha ;)

1 comment:

  1. I hope you realize that when you return to Albany we are going to have to have a put luck and you are going to cook some of this unidentified amazing food =P

    Glad everything is going well! Quebec music is really really awesome, Steve and his family actually go to Quebec to a music festival that occurs every year there, and he always brings back awesome goodies which includes lots and lots of super awesome music. I've just come to the conclusion that Quebec = awesome and I must go there someday =)

    ReplyDelete