Friday, May 21, 2010

Tacos y salsa

Bonjour!

J`ai retourné de Tacos y salsa, an outdoor Mexican restaurant. Ironic to be eating Mexican while speaking French? C'est possible...

I`ve decided to have ''un mot du jour'' each day. Today's word: sable. Now here's the catch: YOU, my readers, have to figure out what the word means. Today's ''mot'' is sable because we went to a ''plage'' (beach) for a picnic lunch. After eating we had to form teams for a craaazy scavenger hunt. One team member had to be blindfolded, another had couldn't speak (tape over the mouth) and the other's hands were tied behind them. Imagine walking around trying to write down answers to questions on rocky territory with one team member who can't see, one who can't talk, and another who can't hold anything. Now do it in a language you're all trying really really really freaking hard to comprehend. Needless to say, I bonded très bon avec my teammates Heather and Keena!

Afterwards a few of us went to an ice cream shop, where I jammed on my harmonica while John played les cuillères. C'etait très awesome. Then we ate at Tacos y salsa. I paid for dinner with Canadian money for the first time. Ugh..and then I paid dix dollars....ten dollars...for a taxi :(

OH! We also formed our music ensembles today. Being one of three percussionists, I was a popular choice for forming ensembles. I think I'm in three...maybe four? A jazz band, a small percussion ensemble, a group with some chanteuses (singers), and...un autre? J'oublie...

Tomorrow, I'm going for a bike ride avec a few others students, and a potluck dinner/birthday party for one of the girls. Sunday I'll attend mass en francais and then go to John and Michael's house for another fire. Fires seem to be popular get-togethers here, and that's fine by me! At the last one, Michael played guitar and I jammed on harmonica for hours. I'm playing more harmonica here than I have all year, and that's perfectly fine by me. Everyone loves it, and the other Carolyn told me I need to bring my harmonica everywhere :)

Did you figure out what the ''mot du jour'' is? I'll give you a hint: I had to empty out my shoes when I returned à ma maison tonight parce-que I still had a lot of ''sable'' dans my shoes, et on my feet. Si you still can't figure it out, c'est pas grave! Je will reveal the definition in my next entry...

2 comments:

  1. Glad you are having fun! Taking any pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you're having such a great time, Carolyn! It sounds like you're having a blast =) I hope you are taking lots of pictures and I look forward to your next post! Maybe I can even learn some French from reading all your posts, haha

    ReplyDelete