Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Le Trou de la Fèe

Let me begin by saying wow, there are a million dandelions in Quebec!!!

Today everyone took a bus to le caverne au Trou de la Fèe (a cave at the Hole of the Fairy). On the way, I was looking out the window and realized that in a lot of places the grass was more yellow and gray (because of the dandelions) than green! Random, but kinda cool :)

Le Trou de la Fèe was really cool. It seems that every excursion we go on here is intense and awesome (25 km bikeride, whale-watching trip on one of the largest rivers in the world, speaking nothing but French, etc.). To get into the cavern, we had to climb a million stairs and then hunch down under some really really narrow rocks and...let's just say this was not a beginner caving excursion. I loved it :) I can't really describe how awesome it was, but there will be pictures whenever I can finally upload everything from my camera! (prob. in 3 weeks when I return).

Oh, new mot du jour: la chauve-souris. There were a bunch of chauve-souris flying in the cave, and one actually ran into a few people! Pretty cool. Oh, and coup du soleil = sunburn, in case you didn't figure it out. Gotta run...watching le film Amelie tonight with Eva. À demain!

No comments:

Post a Comment