Monday, June 7, 2010

Spectacle Boîte à Bluets

J'adore being a percussionist :)

Tonight we are having a spectacle (concert) at le Boîte à Bluets. Originally, I wasn't playing anything for the concert because none of my ensembles were ready. Buuuut everyone loves percussion, so now I'm playing les cuilleires for one choir song, and les batterie for two other songs! I just rehearsed with one of the groups for the first time, rehearsing with the other in 15 minutes. I'm developing a reputation for covering percussion and harmonica parts when needed here. Love it :)

So...nager means to swim. Heather, Anna, and I did go swimming Saturday night, but it wasn't lane swimming like we thought. Instead, it was free swim for les enfants (children). Woo! Sooo...we tread water for 45 minutes and then went to Anna's to faire de cuisinier (make dinner). Heather slept over chez moi (my house) and we watched Le Grand Seduction with Eva. If you can get hold of the film, I recommend watching it; it's hilarious!

The next day Eva, Emily and I watched Dèdè Travers la Brume. It's based on the life of Dèdè, a member of the band Les Colocs. Afterward, Emily let me borrow some of the music of Les Colocs, and it's awesome! They're quèbècois and incorporate a lot of harmonica with some rock influence. Très cool.

Also yesterday, Eva and I went on a two hour faire du promenade. We found a really bizarre park near la rivière (the river) and took a bunch of pics (which will be up when I get back to the states).

Oh boy I have my repetition avec the other chorale in 3 minutes. Repetition will be today's mot du jour. Salut!

No comments:

Post a Comment